This blog is about a family team for March of Dimes. The team's name is Shealyn's Angels. This team was started in 2012, but the team captain has been helping spread the word since 2009. In 2009, the team captain, Betty, started walking to support her friend who's child was born prematurely. Little did we know at the time that her daughter with whom she was pregnant with would be born prematurely as well. Unfortunately due to these complications she daughter did not survive. They, Betty and her husband Bill, name their daughter Shealyn.
Shealyn in my precious little Angel. Everything I do, I do in honour of her. Since my first walk in 2009, I have always walked with my job, getting donations, having a bake sale. The one thing that was missing for me was being about to get my family, to get more involved. After all, I mean Shealyn is their niece, granddaughter, great grand daughter. So, along with helping out my job's team I formed my own family team. We will have team shirts. My sister is raising money at her job. We are all just super excited for this.
This year the walk with be at Great Adventure in Jackson, NJ on April 29th. you can purchase tickets for the park on line to ride the rides after the walk. I am really excited because Gym Class Hero's will be performing. Eeeekkkk!!! Please like and subscribe to this blog and our FB page at www.facebook.com/TeamShealynsAngels
Thank you all for your time.
Oh and if you would like to donate to our team for the March of Dimes you can do so here.
All the best,
Team Captain
Shealyn's Angels
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for visiting. I look forward to hearing from you.